Day 06 – Botanical garden, Peradeniya
Planting of a sampling of sacred Satinwood by the President of the World Buddhist Summit His Eminence Khamba Lama Gabju Choijmuts Demberal, Vice President Most Venerable Dr. Shinkai Kori, General Secretary Most Venerable Weragoda Sarada Maha Nayaka Thero and Chairman of the 7th Buddhist Summit Hon. Thilanga Sumathipala – Deputy Speaker of Parliament together with Their Royal Highnesses the Princesses of Cambodia and Bhutan, Deputy Minister for Wildlife and Sustainable Development, Hon. Madam Sumedha G Jayasekera and the Chief Minister of the Central Province, Hon. Sarath Ekanayaka.
Day 05 – Anuradhapura Event
The Chief Prelates, Their Royal Highnesses and other delegates were received at the Anuradhapura Maha Viharaya and Worship at the sacred tree The Supreme Leaders, Their Royal Highnesses and other delegates worship at the sacred Sri Maha Bodhiya prior to chanting of pirith (2017 – 11 – 06)
General meeting of all the Japanese staff members
- 29th Oct 2017 General meeting of all the Japanese staff members at JAIC Hilton Colombo Residences.
- Reviewing the video announcements of the Seventh Buddhist Summit.
- Mrs. Anusha Dharmadasa on behalf of Hon. the Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Chairperson of the Organizing Committee of the Seventh Buddhist Summit, and the members of the Secretariat.
- Looking at the news clips broadcast all over the country.
- Presenting commemorative badges to Japanese staff members.
Video Production Meeting
Meeting at President Secretariat
The Workshop for Liaison Officers
Meeting with the Heads of State Media Organisations
MEETIG THE PRIME MINISTER
HON. RANIL WICKREMESINGHE
Chairman of the 7th Buddhist Summit, Deputy Speaker of Parliament Hon. Thilanga Sumathipala together with Deputy Secretary of the World Buddhist Summit Mr. Akira Ito and other delegates of the Buddhist Summit met with Prime Minister Hon. Ranil Wickremesinghe in order to brief him on the ongoing plans for the 7th Buddhist Summit to be hosted by His Excellency the President from the 2nd to 7th November at Temple Trees.